Skip to main content

A SHORT NEUROLOGY OF BOREDOM



The human brain is a powerful tool. Always on, the brain is thinking and dealing with decisions and stressors and subconscious activities which makes us responsive to things . 

But that moment comes when we begin to feel lost out of sight, lacking the feeling to continue. It usually feels like an extensive period of idleness and despise for anything. It's a feeling we all associated with BOREDOM.

Like it it not, we all will have some experiences of this  term depending on individual emotional levels.

When analyzing the brain wave with the use of an encephalogram,  results, shows that the right frontal lobe is responsible for activities and concentration levels in the brain.
 The right frontal activity is increased when people are feeling more negative emotions or becoming more anxious.

When we are bored the brain most times induces sleep as a pattern to while away time or think less.


This Sleep control is influenced by a variety of cognitive and emotional factors eg causing a lower secretion levels of dopamine.  
That's why we most times take coffee to resist sleep.

Caffeine appears to produce behavioral activity that induces wakefulness by blocking adenosine at [A2A receptors] on [nucleus accumbens] neurons, while activation of [nucleus accumbens] core neurons can induce sleep.”

The bright side of boredom??

So far, there's no tidy, evolutionary reasoning to explain why we get bored. But that doesn't mean that boredom can't do us some good. "The positive side of boredom is that, if responded to in an adaptive way, it is this signal to explore, [to] do something else. That what you're doing now isn't working,"

Additionally, being bored can improve overall brain health.  During exciting times, the brain releases a chemical called dopamine which is associated with feeling good.  

When the brain has fallen into a predictable, monotonous pattern, many people feel bored, even depressed. This might be because we have lower levels of dopamine . 

This in general explains the impact of hormones to feelings of boredom and the need to participate in activities that help to increase the secretions of dopamine and nature's feel good hormone.

Some activities like, reading, singing, watching movies and looking for bright meanings of life help to restore ones good mode and increase productivity level.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT IS YOUR TEMPERAMENT??

A person's temperament is how they behave and represent themselves based on personality traits and impactful experiences. Temperament remains constant and serves as a means to help you determine how you will react to situations. It's a way to recognize consistent personality traits. So, is it possible for temperaments to change as we grow? It is likely that one temperament surface over others.  Do realize that not everyone falls on one end of the spectrum.. Sometimes we could have one type of temperament appear more dominant than the other.  What are the Four major temperaments ? Sanguine :  These personality traits tends to be more extroverted, outgoing in general . People with this traits tend to love more open conversations and social gatherings. They are more likely to be the star of the crowd and enjoy communicating with large amount of people .  The flaws of these personality traits is that they tend to be dismissive and forgetful easily due to the fact that they speak a

POEM OF ECSTASY...

My Darling Desibel... She caressed my skin..  Allowing me the pleasure of her soft cherry blossoms.. The coolness of her breath... Like the gentle breeze of the winter evenings... The taste of her lips  Like the sweet soft droplets from an olive fruit... Oh Desibel save me! For I have become lost in your soul... Intoxicated in it's beauty Finding my own sense of meaning... Feed me with your love For I cannot find no other such ... Our season has come...  for I am dying for your passion. Give me breath...for I seem to suffocate in denial... I have chosen to set my heart free My emotions... I cannot withold.  Your beauty I cannot comprehend You are my desire Desibel ... Take me into your world For our time has come...           My Darling Desibel...                                                    _Lola

LIFE IN A PAPER

  LIFE IN A PAPER …  It’s all about us…  Just me and my fainting thoughts… Afraid it all goes away.. Give me something to hold unto  A little ray of hope …pray tell..  It’s like my dreams..  slowly crashing down in illusions..  My heart screams for hope!   My eyes hurt from tears…  God do something…  It’s getting unbearable…  Watching my Faith slowly crumble in weary  Let me smile once again…  Let me laugh into my future..  Save me before I go numb  Is anyone hearing me?  Why does it feel like a transparent glass?  Trapped in my own world  Wishing you’d listen  Why is it taking so long…  Now I write my life in a paper like I used to as a child  Those letters you’d always reply..  I am drowning and I feel it..  My heart is sinking and I know it..  Please save me from this insanity  My life is in a paper .. little words carrying deepest meanings…  My words go fainter each minute  Now I await your reply.. like the letters we once shared….